Canada Summer Jobs Program – Deadline to Apply is on February, 2, 2018
Details are available online at https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/funding/canada-summer-jobs.html
Article Source: https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/get-funding-to-hire-young-canadians-for-summer-jobs-in-2018-665228433.html
Get funding to hire young Canadians for summer jobs in 2018
Employers can now submit funding applications for Canada Summer Jobs 2018
GATINEAU, QC, Dec. 19, 2017 /CNW/ – Canada’s future prosperity depends on young Canadians getting the education and experience they’ll need to succeed in their careers, keeping our economy growing and our middle class thriving.
Today, the Honourable Patty Hajdu, Minister of Employment, Workforce Development and Labour, announced that the employer application period for the 2018 Canada Summer Jobs (CSJ) program is now open. Small businesses with 50 or fewer employees, not-for-profit employers and public sector organizations that can provide quality summer jobs for students are invited to apply for funding from the Government of Canada to hire students for next summer.
The Canada Summer Jobs program creates summer job opportunities for full-time students aged 15 to 30, allowing them to develop their skills, get meaningful work experience and earn money to pay for next year’s tuition.
Employers are invited to submit applications that complement this year’s national priorities:
- Employers who intend to hire youth who are in underrepresented groups, including new immigrant youth/refugees,
- Indigenous youth, youth with disabilities and visible minorities;
- Small businesses, in recognition of their contribution to the creation of jobs;
- Organizations that support opportunities for official language minority communities;
- Organizations that provide services and/or supports the LGBTQ2 community; and
- Organizations that provide opportunities in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) and
- Information and Communications Technology (ICT), particularly for women.
Employers are encouraged to submit a 2018 Canada Summer Jobs funding application online by February 2, 2018. For more information and to apply for funding, please visit Canada.ca/Canada-summer-jobs or visit a Service Canada Centre.